A 43-year-old Filipino crew member of the bulk carrier Honey Badger was found dead in his cabin on Tuesday. The vessel had set sail from the Mangaluru port at 2 a.m. “We had received reports that the crew member Jan Ryan Sevilla had collapsed in the vessel early this morning. The bulk carrier has now berthed at the Cochin Port and the body will be taken out for follow-up action,” according to the Coastal Police in Fort Kochi.
Sevilla was the chief cook of the bulk carrier. The vessel was moving towards Brazil from Mangaluru, according to an official of the shipping agent of the vessel here. The police said that a post-mortem would be conducted to ascertain the cause of death.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and').
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
Printable version | Jun 29, 2021 10:17:00 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Kochi/filipino-crew-member-found-dead/article35044441.ece
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.