PMK founder S. Ramadoss on Monday urged the State Government to ensure that there are no floods due to the northeast monsoon, which is expected to begin soon in Tamil Nadu.
In a statement, he said that while Chief Minister M.K. Stalin recently reviewed the precautionary measures being put in place, these efforts had not been completed in Chennai and a few other districts.
“In many districts, stormwater drains have not been desilted. In Chennai and other districts, the precautionary measures should be implemented in the next few days,” he said.
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and').
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
Printable version | Oct 18, 2021 11:59:39 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/govt-urged-to-take-steps-to-prevent-floods/article37062524.ece
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.